Petition for Special Tribal Council Meeting: May 23rd
A public meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, May 23rd at 6:30 pm at the Lawton Public Library Room 1 to address a petition being circulated by Eleanor McDaniel to call for a special tribal council meeting. Under the Comanche Tribal Constitution the chairman of the Comanche Nation shall be required to call a special tribal council if so requested by a petition signed by 200 eligible voters of the Comanche Nation setting forth the purpose of the meeting. To sign the petition or for more information contact McDaniel at (580) 429-3430.
The petition to call for a special tribal council meeting is for the following purpose:
1. To remove Hobbs Straus Dean & Walker as tribal attorneys and hire another tribal attorney.
2. Due to lack of confidence in the performance of the gaming board the tribal council shall act to permanently remove the Comanche Nation Gaming Board and that the gaming board be replaced with a Gaming CEO. The Tribal Council shall exercise its supreme authority to hire/remove the Gaming CEO during the Annual Tribal Council meeting. The salary of the Gaming CEO shall be negotiable and shall be approved during the Annual Tribal Council meeting. The Gaming CEO shall oversee and control all non-regulatory aspects of the Nation’s gaming to include Executive Management. The CEO shall ensure for maximum gaming revenue and in as much as possible practice Comanche Tribal preference in all levels of hiring/upgrading. The Gaming CEO shall not violate applicable gaming laws or interfere with the Gaming Commissions’ regulatory authority. The Gaming CEO shall publish an annual report of all gaming operation activities, expenses, audits and monies to include the Gaming Commission Budget. Reports shall be provided to tribal members at an annual shareholders meeting and published in the tribal newspaper. The Gaming CEO shall be under the direction of the business committee. The business committee shall not act to circumvent the authority of the Tribal Council to suspend or remove the Gaming CEO. The Comanche Nation Gaming Ordinance shall be amended where applicable to reflect this action. The Chairman is hereby directed by the Comanche Tribal Council to take necessary action to immediately submit amended Gaming Ordinance to the NIGC for approval. Upon approval of amendments to the gaming ordinance by NIGC the tribal chairman shall immediately act to call a special tribal council meeting for the purpose of hiring a Gaming CEO.
3. To entirely rescind Resolution 150-11 and 53-05 and that the Tribal Council shall be responsible to appoint an Election Board Chairman who shall be responsible for the overall election process under the direction of the CBC. The Election Board Chairman shall be responsible for administering the election process under a duly adopted election ordinance. The Chairman of the Election Board shall be responsible for the appointment/removal of any/all of the 12 other board members with the approval of the CBC. The Election Board Chairman shall designate 2 board members from each of the 6 precincts within Comanche Tribal jurisdiction (Cache, Lawton , Apache, Walters, Anadarko and Oklahoma City ). The Election Board shall consist of an Election Board Chairman and 12 board members. The Comanche Tribal Council shall reserve the supreme right to remove Election Board Chairman for neglect of duty or conduct that has brought disrepute upon the Comanche Nation. The Election Ordinance shall be amended to reflect this action. This action shall not be repealed without the expressed consent of the tribal council. The Tribal Council shall appoint an Election Board Chairman immediately following the approval of this action.
4. To change the Comanche Nation College line item on the budget to Student Services Payments and increase the amount to $2,000,000 for the purpose of student payments in the amount of $500 for every school age tribal member (K-12) no matter where they reside to be paid in the month of October of every year in conjunction with a school fair to be held at Watchetaker Hall. And that all assets, inventories, monies of the Comanche Nation College and its programs shall at this time revert back to the Tribal Government and that the building be converted to tribal offices such as Higher Education Program Offices, GED Program, Comanche Language and other appropriate community programs and services under the tribal government. And that the CN College Council and its charter for all intent and purposes are hereby dissolved.
5. To put the Indian Churches back on the budget in the amount of $250,000.
6. To amend the tribal budget and call for a special election for final approval of amended budget.
7. To direct the CBC to immediately seek special consideration and approval from the US government to provide government food commodities to Comanche Tribal members and members of other tribes residing in Lawton, Oklahoma in order to reduce hunger among Native Americans.
This entry was posted in announcements
. Bookmark the permalink